Virtual Learning Environment
The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) is an integral part of the IOE's Holocaust Education CPD programme and aims to:
- Help you to prepare for the workshops
- Support you in transferring the CPD into your school, department and classroom
- Provide you with teaching and learning materials
- Build a supportive on-line community
- Provide you with opportunities for ongoing, continued and sustained support
IOE resources comprise both publicly available materials and secure materials that are available only to participants in the CPD programme, offered in different regions across the country. The majority, at this point in time, are for those participating in the CPD.
To join the IOE's Centre for Holocaust Education community click here. Please note that as a member of the community you are eligible to register for the CPD. Guidance on how to register and confirm are outlined under continuing professional development.
CPD programme materials
As you move through the programme, new materials and features of this Virtual Learning Environment will open to support your continuing professional development. To make materials easy to access, we have structured the VLE in line with your progress through the programme as follows:
- Preparing for the CPD: Confirming your place, finding your venue, asking questions.
- Pre-course materials: Classroom materials, videos, reference materials and links to help you prepare for your first day.
- Mid-course materials: The lesson plans, teaching and learning materials modelled on the first day of our programme (Critical issues in Holocaust education), and further materials to help you prepare for a second day should you decide to continue.
- Post-course materials: All the classroom materials modelled on the second day, and an expanding range of other materials to provide sustained support.
Each section contains a wealth of materials and practical guidance; teaching and learning resources for your classroom; and further help and support as you continue to develop Holocaust education in your classroom, department, and school.
Please take some time to prepare for each workshop day by exploring the preparatory materials.