Continuing Professional Development
The IOE offers a high quality national CPD programme in Holocaust education valued at more than £600 and delivered, free of charge, in all regions across England. Register now, select a date, and confirm your place to access a wide range of free teaching and learning resources.
"A moving workshop and very inspiring.
I can't wait to teach the Holocaust next term
using these materials and ideas
as the basis of my scheme of work"
History teacher, Leeds
Free to all secondary schools
Places are available free of charge to every secondary and middle school in England. What does the CPD include?
View an outline of the workshops, themes and activities covered in our CPD days. Free teaching and learning resources are also provided. We further offer sustained support for the development of Holocaust education in your school, and the opportunity to continue your professional development to Masters' level, with the 30 credit module 'The Holocaust in the Curriculum', which is available free of charge to up to 300 participants in the CPD programme.
Benefits of our workshops
The CPD comprises two days of workshops (the second day being optional) provided by the Institute of Education, University of London, the United Kingdom's foremost institution for education practice, theory and policy. Responding directly to the issues and challenges identified by more than 2000 teachers surveyed in the IOE's landmark research project, the CPD will bring the latest historical thinking and leading edge educational practice into your classroom.
It will allow you to:
- Engage with the latest Holocaust pedagogy, exploring a range of key issues, themes and questions
- Access effective, engaging and age-appropriate learning materials
- Participate in regional CPD workshops at a venue near you
- Network and share materials and expertise in an on-line community
- Bring the latest developments in learning theory and Holocaust research into the classroom
- Access national and international experts in Holocaust education
- Continue to a Masters module 'The Holocaust in the Curriculum' following the CPD (optional)
Register now and book your place at a venue near you.